Friday, September 29, 2017

That Voodoo That You Do So Well


Zapp's New Orleans Kettle Style VooDoo Heat






I picked up these at Potbelly's recently, and I'm really glad I did. I was a bit concerned because of the name - "Voodoo Heat" sounds like one of the Takis flavors that is intended to burn a hole in your stomach. I like spicy foods just fine but I also like them to have some flavor other than just HOT. Reassuringly, the guy behind the counter saw my selection and said it's his favorite flavor.

On opening the package I was greeted by a nice fragrance, both sweet and spicy. The chips have a good amount of color to them without it coming off on your fingers.

The taste of these is really quite good. It's a mix of barbecue, vinegar, and sweet that reminded me a bit of South Carolina barbecue chicken. There's a good amount of heat but it's not at all overpowering. I could eat a heck of a lot of them. In fact it's going to be hard to resist buying more even though I already have a bunch of other kinds of chips at home.

Rating: 5/5




No comments:

Post a Comment