Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Not So Hot

Kroger Kettle Cooked Nashville Style Hot Chicken



I've had mixed success so far with Kroger's chips and I've never had Nashville hot chicken, so I really didn't have anything to base my expectations on.

On opening the bag I was greeted with an odd sort of scent that I can only describe as "dusty". There may have been a hint of vinegar in there too, but mostly it was dusty. Is that what it's supposed to smell like? I suppose the vinegar could be the pickle slices that Nashville hot chicken is served with, but on the whole it wasn't an enticing aroma.

The taste was equally unhelpful. It had a very light amount of smoky flavor and some spiciness that built up nicely, but other than that all I could taste was SALT. If they dragged these chips through the Bonneville Salt Flats it would end up scraping salt off of them. I had to check the bag to make sure I hadn't accidentally bought potato-flavored salt chips.

After eating several chips I gave up on trying to taste anything. That's when I was hit with an aftertaste of cheap, overcooked fried chicken. That flavor wasn't worth the sodium overload.

Rating: 2/5


No comments:

Post a Comment