Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Extra Something!

Pringles Extra Hot Chili & Lime




I picked these up at the local Kroger. I have to admit that in spite of their highly-processed artificiality, I like Pringles ... well, at least the oddly flavored ones. There's something about the uniform shape and the blank flavor palate of them that lends itself perfectly to novelty chips.

On opening the tube I was greeted by a cheerful scent of vinegar and chili. It was surprisingly pleasant given how strong it was.

Then I took out some of the chips ...

"Indy, why are the chips bleeding?"

They've got a substantial amount of disturbingly red flavor powder. Napkins are going to be necessary with these to deal with finger-staining. Then again, they're spicy chips, so you're going to want to wash your hands after eating them. Otherwise an unthinking brush of the eye (or other sensitive area) is going to be cause for interesting times.

Maybe they chose that color on purpose.

Anyways, on to the actual tasting. They have a really nice lime flavor and some chili. There's also enough burn that eating too many too quickly would become unpleasantly painful. I stopped after 4 chips in rapid succession.  I later went back and ate a bunch more, with long pauses here and there to give my taste buds a chance to recover.

Rating: 4/5



No comments:

Post a Comment