Friday, September 8, 2017

It's BACON!

Tayto Smoky Bacon




Bag five of the Jungle Jim's haul. I almost didn't buy this one because artificial bacon flavoring can be so over-the-top that I feel like I've been licking the floor of a smokehouse just before it was shut down by the health department.

This package turned out to be a pleasant exception. On opening, I was greeted by a light scent of bacon, but it wasn't even close to overpowering. In fact it was subtle enough that I actually sought it out. That gave me the necessary courage to actually eat the chips.

The taste was also pleasant and not too strong, and more importantly it was dead-on accurate. With the saltiness and crispiness of the chip the experience was surprisingly close to eating properly cooked bacon (which is to say, cooked until crisp enough that it will shatter - anyone who says they like floppy bacon is just plain nuts).

If I were inclined to like bacon-flavored stuff (rather than just eating actual bacon) I'd buy these regularly. As it is I quite enjoyed trying them.

The whole "BIG BAG" thing still bugs me. Just how small are regular bags of chips/crisps in Ireland?

Rating: 3/5





No comments:

Post a Comment