Tuesday, May 1, 2018

I've Got a Beef with Tayto

Tayto Beef & Onion




Tayto's track record on this blog is pretty mixed, but I keep finding new flavors at Jungle Jim's, and (despite what is says) the bags are small, so I keep buying and trying them.

So, in the spirit of intrepid discovery, I opened the Amazing Big Bag of Beef & Onion!
 
The chips had a distinct scent of soy sauce, along with notes of yeast and old tennis shoes. This was not quite what I was expecting. 

They had a moderate amount of flavor powder, but it was hard to see because it was the exact same color as the chips. Really that's kind of impressive. It's like a magic trick: no powder on the chips and, PRESTO! There's stuff all over your fingers! Another impressive trick is that these chips were as greasy as kettle chips usually are.

All of that and I haven't even got to how they tasted.

Not good. They tasted exactly like cheap beef bouillon cubes.
 

Rating: 2/5


No comments:

Post a Comment