Tuesday, January 30, 2018

Tropical Mistake

Kettle Brand Tropical Salsa




Between the brightly colored packaging and the words "tropical" and "avocado", buying these chips wasn't a hard decision. They practically jumped off the shelf and into my shopping cart.

The chips have a very pleasant scent, a mix of fruit notes and vinegar. I'm not sure but I thought there might even have been a hint of avocado from the frying oil.

The problem came in with the taste. From the first chip I was thinking, "Not bad, but it reminds me of something ...." I figured it out pretty quickly though, and subsequent conversations at the house went as follows.

Me:  "Here, try these."
Family Member: [crunch crunch crunch] 
Me:  "Do they taste like Fruity Pebbles to you?"
Family Member:  [frowning] "They do now."

After that no one would eat any more of them.

Rating: 1/5


No comments:

Post a Comment