Tuesday, November 21, 2017

Feel the burn!

Pringles Jalapeño




With a couple exceptions I've been pretty impressed with the various flavors of Pringles, and this one turned out to be with the majority.

On opening the package I was greeted with a strong, but not unpleasant, vinegar scent similar to what you get with most salt & vinegar chips. That was promising, but I've learned that sometimes a good smell doesn't end up matched with a good taste, so I proceeded with caution.

The first chip had a good, recognizable jalapeño flavor mixed with vinegar - pickled peppers then, no problem. I like pickled jalapeños. There was also a mild amount of heat.  After the third or fourth chip I realized that the burn was steadily building. The jalapeño flavor was still there but zowie!

I kept eating them.

The level of heat never quite got to the point of painful and never overwhelmed the other flavors. This is one of those chips that I can easily scarf down the whole package.

Rating: 4/5




No comments:

Post a Comment