Thursday, November 2, 2017

Chickened Out

Tayto Roast Chicken




Leaving the whole "Big" bag thing aside, Ireland, what the heck is wrong with you?

Way before I started keeping track of the potato chips I've tried, I got the chance to taste some of Walkers brand Roast Chicken chips. They were pretty impressive - it was exactly like eating a piece of crispy roast chicken skin, only vegan. That was kind of what I expected with these.

Well, that was dumb of me.

You know how people will often give kids the lower grade of stuff? It's understandable, really. Why give a 6-year-old a decent piece of steak if they're just going to smother it with ketchup? Kids will happily stuff down the cheap foil-wrapped novelty chocolate so why waste the money on a premium brand?  Tayto seems to have taken this approach with their customers.

I wasn't sure what the smell was when I opened the package, but it wasn't chicken. The chips didn't taste like chicken either.  It was only after eating a few that I figured it out. It was "chicken flavor" - the stuff in the little foil packet that comes with the ramen noodles. It tastes like chicken the same way that "banana" flavored candy tastes like bananas ... which is to say, not really.

Rating: 2/5


No comments:

Post a Comment