Thursday, October 12, 2017

Where's the beef?

Guinness Rich Chili



I picked these chips up in the British section of Jungle Jim's. I'm not sure quite what I expected, but it was probably something along the lines of the flavor of meat in a tomato and chili pepper sauce. What I really didn't expect was OVERWHELMING BEEF!!!!

I opened the package and was immediately clubbed over the head with a twelve-pound roasted brisket. The scent of beef was so strong and so accurate that I checked the package to see if it mentioned anywhere something like, "NOW WITH THREE WHOLE COWS!!!!".  Nope, no such text. Instead I disturbingly find that the chips contain no beef at all, and are in fact vegan.

With great amusement, and no small amount of trepidation, I tasted a chip. ZOMG! BEEF!!!! Almost no taste at all of tomato, chili pepper, or anything else except for an amazing amount of BEEF!!!!

The English may not have the faintest clue as to what chili tastes like, but they've been roasting BEEF for over 600 years and are experts at packing six thousand pounds of GENUINE ROAST BEEF FLAVOR (!!!!) into a tiny plastic package. Nothing I ever eat for the rest of my life will taste more like BEEF (!!!!) than these chips.  I have achieved MAX BEEF!!!!

Cindy agreed that these were very BEEF!!!! Just one chip had her making shocked faces for at least twenty minutes.  Celeste refused to try them.

Rating: 2/5

(unless you really like beef)


No comments:

Post a Comment