Tuesday, February 20, 2018

A Kettle of Korean

Kettle Brand Korean Barbeque




I've bought these a couple times before, but for some reason the bag always vanishes before I have a chance to review them ... which I guess in itself is a good sign.

On opening the bag I was greeted with the scents of onion, soy sauce, and barbecue sauce. The chips had a moderate amount of reddish-brown powder. Not enough to cake onto the fingertips, but enough so you'd still need to wash your hands afterwards.

The flavor of these chips is complex, with strong onion and sweet barbecue notes as well as more complex hints of smoke and maybe even a little heat.

I could eat a good amount of these chips ... as long as I didn't tell anyone I bought them. Cindy didn't say much but she did claim a good sized serving for herself.  Later in the day I saw Celeste looking for the bag in vain.

Rating: 4/5




No comments:

Post a Comment