Tuesday, February 6, 2018

Marmite?

Walkers Marmite




I saw these during a recent trip to Jungle Jim's and just had to get them. I've never had Marmite before but I've heard plenty of stories. Either these were going to be incredibly insanely awesome or an absolutely horrible abomination ... possibly both.

Steeling myself for the potential shock, I opened the package and sniffed it. To my delight and disappointment I did not immediately turn green and die. The chips smelled ... well, salty. There was also a hint of something else that was almost, but not quite, maple.

The chips had a slight coating of brown powder, but not enough to be really finger-staining.

Then came the moment of truth. I took a chip and ate it.

Again, disappointing surprise. They had a moderately strong, meaty flavor, not too salty, and way better than they smelled. I suppose if I were a vegan and wanted something sort of beef-ish, these would be a good option.

On the whole, they weren't unpleasant and I'm not sorry I tried them, but they're also not something I'd buy a lot of.

Rating: 3/5




No comments:

Post a Comment