Tuesday, December 26, 2017

Best of Both Worlds?

Lay's Cheddar Bacon Mac & Cheese




Everyone likes bacon. Everyone likes mac & cheese. This should be the perfect flavor of potato chip, right?

I've actually tried these before back when the flavor first came out, but I didn't write anything down so I guess it never really happened. That means it's time to have them again so I can do it right.

As I opened this bag I was greeted with a puff of bacon scent, not overpowering but enough to leave no doubt.

The flavor is surprisingly mild. The balance of bacon and cheese flavor is good with neither one masking the other. The chips are a bit cheese-powdery but not excessively so. I can't decide if there's an underlying flavor of macaroni or if it's just natural potato chip flavor.

The burps definitely taste like bacon mac & cheese.

On the whole these aren't bad. The flavor is a bit muted compared to some of the other chips, however one doesn't always want one's taste buds decimated with spice.

Celeste found them disappointing and declined to eat any more of them.

Rating: 3/5



No comments:

Post a Comment